Friday, January 30, 2004

Literature, among other things.

I'm home! Yay! My dog and my cats all missed me! The kittens are huge! Only 4 months old and already 6 pounds apiece!

(Too many exclamation marks?)

In other news... Long ride home. Drove about halfway in the dark. I had someone with me so it wasn't too bad. We stopped in Brainerd for dinner... mmm... Arby's.... My friend tried her hand at writing poetry as I was driving. It was sorta interesting. Maybe it'll go somewhere.

I went to classes before I left. British Lit II was the standout today. I think I'm in love with Lord Byron. I'll have to add his name to the list of writers I've fallen in love with through the aegis of my literature classes: Byron, Coleridge, John Donne, Walt Whitman, Emerson, Thoreau, Shakespeare, Milton, Edgar Allen Poe, Emily Dickinson... I'm sure there will be others before the year is out, and even more by the time I've got my degree. The ones I've discovered through my British literature classes have stuck in my mind in large part due to the professor's lectures about them. The other cool thing about his classes is that by the time you're done, your vocabulary has doubled. Damn fine professor, that one. I'll have to get my hands on that book of his sometime.

Been a long day, so I think I'm gonna go and get some much needed rest. Breakfast with a friend tomorrow, deposit my financial aid check, then a nice long day of homework and kitten-playing. Possibly some computer stuff, too. So... G'night, everyone!

No comments: