Thursday, January 29, 2004

Some little randomnesses (is that a word?)

I love Elliott Smith. So sad that he killed himself. I'm listening to his album, either/or. Best song, in my opinion, is 2:45 am. I can't listen to the CD very often because it's just such sad music, but I love it. So why am I listening to it today? I'm in the mood, I guess.

Just sorta waiting around. I don't have any urgent homework to do. I'm gonna go down to a friend's room tonight to help her with her blog. See, I like playing with HTML. A lot. It's sorta the same thrill I used to get out of solving a really difficult algebra/geometry/calculus problem, before I gave up on math. It's all logical but when it works right it feels like a magic trick. Speaking of HTML, I did some messing around with this thing today, put up a comments thing, did some cosmetic changes... I'm still thinking about changing some of the colors to make it less monochrome, but it's hard to find colors that mesh with what's already here.

I like the idea of memes. Neat little things that you can write in your blog if you can't think of anything to say, or if you just want to find something new and different to do. Thing is, there's so many that look like fun that if I did all the ones I liked, then this thing would be nothing but meme entries. But they're fun. Maybe later...

I was pleased with my poetry class today for once. I guess I was just in a good mood today, cuz I liked the poems I brought in, I wasn't too nervous about reading them for class, and I actually agreed with the prof's suggestions (for the most part) for once.

I'm less sick today than I have been in a while. I'm coughing considerably less, and there are fewer Kleenexes scattered across my desk. Still have to carry a bottle of water with me to pretty much every class, tho. I think my professors are getting a little sick of me interrupting their lectures with my half-muffled choking. I blame it on the outside air. Still cold, just instead of being -40 F, it is merely a lung-searing -25 F. Of course, the year I decide to come back and go to school in Minnesota, we end up having the coldest year in about a decade. I'm a Minnesota native, so you'd think this wouldn't bother me. But... so cold... in New Mexico last year at this time, it was about 40 degrees ABOVE zero and warming. At least during the daytime. At night it was freezing, but that's to be expected. It's the desert, after all.

I'm headed home tomorrow afternoon. My plans for the weekend include breakfast with a friend on Saturday morning, depositing my Financial Aid check into my bank account so I can afford to buy my groceries for the rest of the semester, and lots of playing with kittens and my dog. I miss my pets a lot when I'm away from home for so long. So much so, that I'm considering volunteering at the local animal shelter so I can be around animals. It's hard being a college student, I tell ya. When I get older, I'm gonna be the crazy cat woman, living in the house on the hill with my seven cats, writing my books and chasing unruly children off my property with a broom. At least, I hope so. :)

Okay, that's all for now. Gotta get away from my computer and go play with someone else's. :)

No comments: