Saturday, February 21, 2004

AAAAAAAAH! The light!!! It's driving me mad!

I'm pretty sure that fluorescent lighting messes with your head. I think it causes depression, or at least some sort of mild neurosis or something. That's why I've been in such a crappy mood lately. Yesterday night and today, I've avoided turning on my overhead light and instead used my (incandescent) lamps and my yummy lemon-scented candle. It's done wonders for my mood. I am no longer a menace to society... heh heh...

Cleaned the room today. It looks much better. Most of the piles of stuff are gone from my counter, my floor is vacuumed, and I changed the sheets on my bed. Very productive day, if I do say so myself. And I do. I also spent some time working on editing the story I brought in for writers' group. I'm not completely done yet, but I fixed all the grammatical/punctuational/small logical errors that were mentioned. Now I've gotta go back and actually rework the ending. We'll see how it goes. I haven't had any brilliant flash of insight yet, but I know it's coming.

Well... whaddya know... there's an article on the topic of fluorescent lights and depression. Okay... this one takes place in a prison... but still. I believe it wholeheartedly. Seasonal Affective Disorder is an interesting topic for those of us who live in the frozen north. I'm thankful to have a window that faces the lake so I can at least have some natural sunlight. I feel bad for the people whose windows face other buildings instead, or worse, the sidewalks on the first floor. In those cases you don't really want to have your shades open cuz people will be peering in on you a lot. Of course... if I move next year, I'll probably end up with a room that doesn't have such a nice view... oh, well.

Yay! There's a new Fragment up! I'll have to work on it either tonight or tomorrow. I guess doing it every other week isn't too bad. It's a great writing exercise.

Okay, time for a sandwich now. Then, time to get some other things done. Like writing. Au revoir!

No comments: