Sunday, February 29, 2004

Okay, one more test thingie... and then a real post.

Horizon
'Now..Bring me that horizon.'- You've gotten what
you wanted, but you still seem a bit
melancholy. Maybe what you really want is for
things to just keep changing.


Which of Captain Jack Sparrow's Quotes are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


Best thing about this? That's my favorite quote from the whole movie! Found this test and the last one on Erin's blog, by the way. Must give credit where credit is due.

So I've been studying all day today... wait, hold on, that's not true... so I've been studying for a couple hours this afternoon (that's true) and now I'm really tired of reading poetry out loud to myself in order to fully grasp the meanings. I read Wordsworth's "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and let me tell you, that's a bloody long poem. But so fun to read out loud, especially if you do voices for the characters. Hard part about that is, most of it is in the Mariner's voice, which is raspy and low and hard to do if you're a girl.

I took a walk earlier. It's raining and cold, and I still decided that I wanted to go outside and wander around campus for half an hour. This, of course, means that I will get the nastiest cold known to man and be miserable while I'm trying to take my midterms. But it was fun. :) People sorta look at you funny if you voluntarily go out in this sort of weather, but that's okay. The only problem was, the cuffs of my pants got absolutely soaked from splashing around in all of the puddles. Heh heh, I feel like I'm about three years old.

I shoulda taken a nap. If I try to take one now, I know damned well that I won't be able to sleep later tonight. Which might not be a bad thing, considering the fact that I may be out late anyway, but still. Like I said, I'm three years old today, no responsibility, no rationality, just plain ol' fun.

Called my mum today too. I'm thinking about taking a self-guided class this summer because I'm still a little behind with credits and such. The one I want to register for is "Death and Survival", which is a philosophy course. As I may have mentioned previously, I'm looking at a philosophy minor, and this class would fit into that perfectly. I'm also trying to decide where I'd like to work this summer. I'm hoping for a full-time job, somewhere that pays fairly well so I don't need to take out much more in loans to pay for my education. I wish the government would do better with the whole student aid thing. It's too expensive to go to college any more. I can't even believe that I can manage to afford it.

No blackouts today. That's a plus. It's good to be able to see where you're going.

That's all I can pull out of my poetry-wearied brain. And still more work to do... sigh. Wish me luck!

No comments: