Monday, March 01, 2004

Monday. Again. Why do we have to have one every week?

It's definitely Monday. As I mentioned last week, I HATE Mondays. Especially Mondays when I have to take midterms. I don't know that I failed the one I took today, but if I get above a C, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Sigh... All that studying for nothing...

The weather is icky today. Grey and wet and cold and nasty. Funny thing is, it's the same weather I went out and took a walk in yesterday. Today it just feels nasty. All the snow is melting, so everything is muddy and wet. I didn't get quite enough sleep last night, but I tried to take a nap and could fall asleep for more than about half an hour this afternoon. On the up side, now that I'm awake and have had a lil something to eat, I feel somewhat better. I've still got work to do for my poetry class tomorrow, but I don't have class till noon, so I'm not too worried. I should write some more journal stuff, maybe five pages worth in my notebook, and also type up my poems to hand in.

Writer's group is tonight... that makes me sorta happy. It's one of the things that keeps me from saying "Fuck this!" and just going to bed by 6 on Monday nights. By the time I leave, I'm usually in at least a marginally better mood, and I've had at least one good loud laugh (usually Froyd's fault). Love those guys...

There's this wonderful English poet named A. E. Housman that I've been reading lately. This is the best poem. I've read it so frequently that I've got it memorized. It makes me laugh every time I read it.

Okay, now I think it's time for me to make a cup of tea and get some real work done. So till next time.... Adieu.

No comments: