Sunday, April 25, 2004

Read like you're starving!

--Best advice I've heard in a while. Wish I could remember where that's from... I copied it down onto a post-it last night.

Inspired by Kamran, I've decided to try and get a summer reading list in order. In actuality, I've got a list of more than 50 books that I want to read anyway, so this summer's list will be more or less just a prioritization. To that end:

The List
Notes from Underground and The Brothers Karamozov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (when Erin's done with it, of course)
Giants in the Earth by O. E. Rolvaag
The Joy Luck Club and The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan
Ulysses by James Joyce
Alias Grace, The Edible Woman, The Robber Bride, and possibly Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
The Subterraneans by Jack Kerouac
The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

In other words: It's a good thing I read fast. Comments, suggestions? Maybe I should type out the whole list and put it up on my website. Guard against losing the quickly-tattering notebook I otherwise keep it in.

No comments: