Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Day 4. Been busy.

[Listening to: The Velvet Underground, "Heroin"]

It's been a sort-of-productive day. I went out with my mom, my sister, and my Aunt Kara to buy decorations and stuff for my sister's upcoming graduation party. She wants to do it sort of in the style of a Mexican fiesta, complete with taco bar. We've got about a month to get it all figured out. Got a lot of shopping done today, which is good. Also, we went to Caribou Coffee for a nice little break. Mmm... caramel iced coffee... very tasty. Despite my best efforts, I'm starting to actually like coffee. If it has enough flavorings and sugar and milk in it. I'm a wimp; not a fan of the bitterness.

In other news, there's been more talk of my parents moving out sometime. I didn't really know that was their plan until I heard my Dad talking to relatives about it on Saturday. Oddly enough, I'm not too upset. I guess I never felt terribly attached to this town anyway. I'll miss my house, but that's okay, too. I mean, I've been living away from it for the better part of the past couple years. I think we're gonna try and get it fixed up and cleaned up and such this summer and then they'll move out sometime next year, or maybe even the next summer. According to my mom, they want to move up to northern Minnesota. Which means, closer to where I'm going to school. Not sure if I'm too happy with that. But we'll see.

Also, I got an e-mail from Grubbs today. He wants to set up a blog for the sci-fi writers' club and have me administrate it. I say, nifty-neat. Sounds like a good idea to see what people are working on over the summer. Now we just need to see which members are interested.

That's about it for now. I'm gonna go and see what sort of trouble I can get in around the house now. Maybe harass the cats. Adieu.

No comments: