My poetry instructor gave us a final assignment of sorts: write a list of 8 things you would do if you only had a month left to live. After the list is done, spend 30 minutes writing a short poem you can read aloud to the class. I'm still working on the list. So far, I've got:
1. Write faster
2. Tell all the people who have been good to me how much I love them.
3. Get rid of all my "stuff"
4. See every sunrise and every sunset
5. Make the trip to New Mexico and back one more time
6. Forget about grades/classes/books/other long-term investments
I'm tempted to make the last entry "Drink the hemlock". Anyway... The resulting poem will be forthcoming.