Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Ranting and raving time

[Listening to: The Doors, "Break on Through To the Other Side"]

I dunno what I'm doing here. Mostly waiting for it to start raining again, I guess. It was sunny for most of the day, but now it's gray and cloudy and threatening bad weather. I love rain. I just wish there was a better way to enjoy it. I wish we had a nice deck or something that I could sit out on. I'd settle for somewhere quiet and well-lit.

My sister made rhubarb crisp when she came home from school. 'Twas good. Really really sweet, tho. We've got a bunch of rhubarb plants growing in our back garden, so we have to figure out ways to use em. Pie, crisp, cake, etc. If only we had strawberries.

I'm just bored here. And I'm having a hard time relating to the people I used to talk to in town. It's like I grew up and no one else did. I don't really want to see any of my old friends, except maybe one. Even then, she and I don't have much in common. We never really did, I don't think. We don't read the same books, listen to the same music, like the same movies, talk to the same kinds of people, care about the same issues, or anything. I understand the whole "opposites attract" thing, but we don't really have anything to talk about except gossip about what I've missed being away from home, or what I've done up in Bemidji while she lives down here. I know it's not a feeling that's unique to me. It's just difficult.

Also, this house just distracts me. There's always people around. There's always TV on somewhere. There's always a mess around me from my sister's projects and stuff, or my dad's papers, or whatever. Someone always wants to talk to me or tell me to do something or other or ask me if I've done this or that or when am I going to get a job or can I answer the phone (which is almost always for my sister). It's aggravating. Oh, yeah, one more thing: I'm sick of sitcoms. Really really sick of em. Primetime TV sucks.

I need to find some nice quiet place to hide for a while. Preferrably on the opposite side of the globe.

No comments: