Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Getting tired already

[Listening to: Elliott Smith, "Punch and Judy"]

Ah... nighttime. My favorite. I'm up alone again, as usual, with my knitting, my computer, my music, and perhaps later my TV to keep me busy. But not too long; I didn't sleep too well last night, so I'm good and tired right now. I'll probably even go to sleep before 3, which will be a record for me so far this month.

Mom went down to see her sisters today (one of whom just arrived from Texas yesterday) and returned with some knitting stuff that I apparently get to inherit from my aunt, who can't knit anymore because of carpal tunnel syndrome. Lots of needles in various sizes, some stitch holders (they look a little bit like those giant wire safety pins), a cable needle (used for making those cable patterns on sweaters, duh) and a handful of afghan patterns. So I'm taking advantage of this boon by trying some little projects I've had my eye on. Amazingly relaxing hobby, knitting. Pick up a pair of needles, knit one, purl two, count the stitches, and after a minute or two you've forgotten to be stressed or upset or nervous or anything.

Better watch out. It could turn out to be addictive.

In any case, I'm feeling better now, somewhat. I've still got things to worry about, like getting a little loan money for the next year of college, and starting a babysitting job in a week and a half (tho I found out that I'll be paid $75 a week, which is pretty darn good if you ask me). But it's managable. The loan should hopefully be taken care of tomorrow, at any rate.

Time to busy myself with my yarn again. I found a ball of dishcloth cotton in my stash, so guess what I'm making tonight? Okay, mostly I'm just trying to use up the yarn I've got that I'm not particularly fond of, but why not put it to good use, right? So I'll be making dishcloths and cell phone holders and such for a while. See ya.

No comments: