Sunday, July 18, 2004

Hum-de-dum

Sucks not being tired at this time of night. Of course, it's my own damn fault. I took a nice long (tho not entirely intentional) nap this evening, and therefore I'm probably going to be awake for a while.

So what am I going to do while I'm waiting for exhaustion to set in? Why, I'll watch TV and knit and compute, of course! Joy of joys. Just what I always do.

The Chicago trip is coming up in a couple weeks. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it as much as I ought to be. There's so much stress involved in being part of this family right now that I don't know if I want to spend four whole days with them, including about 16 hours of driving.

Which reminds me: Dad quit his job, because it turned out not to be what he thought he was being hired for. He can't physically do heavy manual labor anymore. So he's looking for something new. Hopefully something in the engineering field.

It's been one of those days. You know, the kind where you wish it would just END already. I hate weekends. Oh, I know I'll learn to love them once I'm working or back at school or whatnot, but right now I detest them. Especially Sunday afternoons. There's nothing to do, nowhere to go, and there's not even mail delivery on Sunday to break up the monotony.

On the upside, I went to the grocery store with my Mom tonight and saw a guy I knew from high school who actually not only acknowledged me, but came over to say hi. That made me happy, cuz I'd been thinking about him lately. I remember we had study hall together during the last semester of our senior year, and we'd talk a lot because there wasn't much else to do (all seniors take slack-off classes during their last semester of high school, right?). Anyway... it was good.

That's about all. Tomorrow... shopping? I need a rug for my dorm, I think. If my money is in my account by then, that is. Fingers crossed.

No comments: