Sunday, July 25, 2004

Ow... I guess white spots on my tonsils mean pain...

Indeed, I am truly and painfully sick. Tomorrow, I shall visit the doctor and see if it's strep (as I suspect it is) or some other miserable infection, and what can be done about it. Funny, I don't feel all that "sick": no head cold symptoms or stomach ache or pounding headache anymore or anything. I'd feel just fine if it weren't for the fact that I can't swallow or talk without cringing. Took me a while to convince my sister to stop trying to engage me in conversation, on the grounds that the more I respond (and thus the more pain I am in), the crankier I get.

Which reminds me, Katie's been trying to convince me to take her to the new IKEA store in Minneapolis. Let it be known here and for all eternity that I HATE driving in the cities. I am convinced that most of the population of Minnesota purchased their drivers' licences from the back of a cereal box, and that a good portion of them are out to kill me (Paranoid? Who, me?). So why would I put myself in a position that would make the job easier for them? Can't wait for the light rail to be put in up here, even though I know there's quite a few logistics problems for the station in St. Cloud. It'll probably be a couple of years; by that time, it won't even be of any use to me cuz I'll probably be living, if not in Bemidji, then in a completely different place.

No comments: