A little list thing that I saw somewhere while surfing around on the blog. Make a list of ten little things that make you happy in life.
10 Small Pleasures:
1. Extended lunches in the Student Union with all my friends coming in and out
3. Knitting mittens
4. Coming into a warm building on a very cold day
5. Zen tea (green tea with spearmint and lemongrass, nummy!)
6. Sleeping just a little later than I know I should
7. Bad puns and plays on words (good ones, too)
8. Spontaneously breaking into song/poetry/quotes
9. Deja vu
10. Standing in a parking lot at night and pointing out the brightest constellations in the sky
In other news, I had a good night. For the first time, I feel like I can go away for break and things will still be the same when I come back. My friends will still be around, they'll still be there for me, I won't have to start all over again. I'm more secure now. This is a good feeling.
The birthday party was quite nice. The birthday boy got himself pleasantly buzzed but not drunk, I ate well, spent time with friends, talked about plans for next semester... Also, on the way to the Green Mill, I managed to avoid a car accident (good breaks on that car), and see what happens when a truck collides with a semi at under 30 miles per hour (truck rear-ended the semi, so not a really ugly crash or anything, but I think that pickup is out of commission).
Well... no rest for the weary. Adieu.