Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Sweater Incident

So I went shopping on the day after Christmas. I bought a few clothes. One item in particular was a green sweater. Kelly green. Vivid green. Those who know me know that my wardrobe is somewhat... muted. I like black a lot. I like grey a lot. I like dark green and purple and brown and blue a lot. So the bright green is sort of a change for me. I really just got drawn in by the color when I saw it on the rack. I wasn't sure if it would look good on me (it does), but it was intense and pretty and I wanted it.

Yesterday, I wore my new green sweater. My mother's comment was "It's about time you started wearing color." My sister was simply shocked that it wasn't black. I know they mean well, but it sorta pissed me off. I like wearing black. I like the way I look in it. I like my muted tones. Not that I don't like the bright sweater, because I do, but still... none of their business, right?

Well... I am right.

I'm skittering off again to go to Target and Panera (yum!). Looks like I'm gonna be rather busy until after New Year's. So blogging may get a bit spotty till then. Just a warning.

No comments: