Saturday, August 20, 2005

Chicago pictures!

When I went home today to go to the Itasca county fair with my parents (okay, geeky, I know, but hey, I got to play with the horsies and the bunnies and the SHEEP!), I discovered that mom had found the roll of black and white film I had used to take pictures on our trip to Chicago last summer. So... here's what I've got:


Right in the middle there is the hotel we stayed at, the Grant Park Hotel. Yeah, I know, nothing special, but we're cheap and to be honest, it wasn't a bad place at all. View from Grant Park (which is right across the street, not surprisingly).


I love this wall. The reason I love this wall is because of the old advertisements that were painted on it. If you look in the top right corner of the building, you'll see that one of the advertisements is for corsets. This made me laugh.


This is a view from the top of a hill where sits a statue of some random Civil War-type hero. I believe this is somewhere near Grant Park, as well.


You can see the sign for the Essex Inn near the middle of this picture. That's where we went for food most of the time, because the restaurant on the ground floor (The Savoy, I believe) was fairly inexpensive and served good food. And the waiter was cool and ended up knowing us pretty much by name by the end of the trip.

No comments: