Thursday, December 08, 2005

Amendment to my personal rules:

1) NO consuming alcohol while under any sort of stress (including finals week!)
2) When relaxed, I am allowed half of one regular serving of whatever I may be imbibing (note: this may change to a complete ban if I ever decide to attempt it and it turns out badly).

I had one beer tonight, and it's doing strange things to my mood and my attitude. I blame this partly on the stress involved in writing a paper for a class that I don't fully understand (at least, not as well as I wish I did), and partly on the combination of that one beer with the fact that I'm also on an antidepressant that messes with the chemicals in my brain. I should be smarter than to do that, but I just had to experiment. Well, experiment over, test failed, not to be attempted again. One drink used to mellow me out; now it makes be both hyperactive and depressed. So. That was a bad idea. I'm going to go to sleep now, and try and conquer things tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

As I was reading your post I'm thinking, "Oh oh, alcohol and those meds...." Then I read further that you had figured out the problem yourself. Good for you. Lesson learned. There is an old saying, "Once bitten, twice shy." Ha ha...'old saying' coming from this old one! Ah, the irony......Hope your day goes well, hon.

Angel said...

Heh, thanks. Soon as I figured out the problem, I felt kinda dumb. Sort of a "Duh!" moment.

So now that my head appears to have cleared up, back to that paper...

L.P. said...

Life would be easier if you were picky like me and hated the taste of booze.