Thursday, May 10, 2007

Two down, two to go

You've heard the phrase "dodged a bullet"? Well... I just managed to dodge a cannonball.

In other news, I turned 23 yesterday, with a small but not unnoticable bit of fanfare. I'm still no wiser, and my problems have not disappeared. Some of them have grown. But I'm more keen to work on them now.

I'm back to the psychologist and doctor again. This semester has not been good for me mentally, and they've upped my meds again. I have another doctor's appointment next Thursday, where they may decide that I need to completely switch medications. Honestly, this is not a good time for that. But I suppose it'll never be a good time. I'm concerned about it, because I run out of health insurance at the end of the month, and from what I know about the half-life of Prozac, that's not really enough time for me to get off one medication and get on to another. Also, generic Prozac is cheap. Other anti-depressants, not so much. So yet another concern. But for this moment in my life, on a nice sunny day, wearing my favorite skirt and having just given a kick-ass presentation, I'm okay. I just have to continue to repeat that to myself. Life is hard, life sucks sometimes, but right now, I'm okay.

No comments: