Thursday, February 05, 2004

Li'l change of plans..

Well, the game got put off till next week, but that's okay. So I went to help Erin with her weblog. And to watch South Park. The episode was all about Butters, and man was it dark... but funny. :)

Went to poetry class today and the same prof I keep whining about told me that the poem I brought in today should be published in the school's writing book thing. Now don't think I'm reconsidering my opinion on her... but it was a good feeling.

I've got the munchies. I had a sandwich and most of a bottle of Coke for dinner. But now I want something else. Grocery shopping... tomorrow or Saturday, if I can hold out that long. I'm craving hot dogs. How sad is that? I hate those things! Know what really sucks about living in the dorms? No freezer space. Mine can hold three TV dinners and a pint of ice cream. That's it. It's the size of a shoebox, I swear.

I haven't read the news today. I should. It's important to be well-informed. But screw it, I don't feel like being socially responsible. I feel sorta like writing, actually. And reading. I should get down to that sort of thing before the feeling leaves me. Read more Byron, maybe.... I like Byron. The first stanza of Don Juan made me laugh out loud in the middle of the Student Union so people started staring. It's great!
"
Okay... one article... this is utterly laughable. A 7-year-old got suspended for saying "hell" in school. Sigh.... Get a grip, people. Here's my quick view: the first white people to come to America were Puritains. Many people still are descendents from Puritains. We never got away from their strict moral code, no matter how people say that America is going to shit. We freak out about a naked breast on national TV. We suspend kids for saying a very mild swear word (anyone ever heard of a warning?). I've said it before, I'll say it again: I'm goin to Canada.

That's it for now. Time for me to go and do something else for a while. A bientot.

No comments: