Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Irish Day! Yay!

So... St. Patrick's Day. Got my green pants, got my Flogging Molly t-shirt... it's a good day. Even got to hear real live bagpipes today in the student union. Very cool.

Actually, I'm really tired. I was really tired last night, too, but I had a hard time falling asleep. Why, I'm not sure. I hope it's a passing thing.

Rumi was... goddammit that lady's nuts! Humming! For a whole fuckin hour! Just HUMMING! Okay... and giggling when her back was turned... But still! Thank god I've got friends in there... otherwise I'd go insane.

Actually, I've sorta managed to make my peace with the professor. I'm cool with the fact that she's more or less a leftover from the hippie days. I can accept that she's really really weird. I can even deal with her oddball "teaching" ideas. But some days....

Now that that's out of my system... gotta write a poem for poetry class tomorrow. Then I'm going out tonight. Yes... out... I dunno what I'm going to write yet. Something about hands, maybe. Hands seem to be invading my subconscious. Dreams and mentions of them in passing in real life... Hands are a symbol of work and being able to do things. Now that I think about that dream I had again, I wonder if the disappearing parts of the guy's hands means something. Maybe that I'm frustrated by not being able to get something done that I would like to? I don't know what that would be right now, tho.

Heh heh, I just looked at my counter and realized that it seemed like there were fewer piles on it than usual. Then I realized why: one of them was transferred to my backpack for classes this morning. Sigh...

All right, enough of this. I'm going to get something to eat and get my work done like a good girl. See ya.

No comments: