Tuesday, March 16, 2004

No... more... work... please?

I really really really don't feel like working on anything of value right now. I emailed Froyd about his senior project. Isn't that enough for tonight?

No? Dammit.

Just before I drifted off to sleep this afternoon, I remembered that I've also got to write a page for my Rumi class. Pain in the ass, but at least the prof likes me. I've whined about this before, haven't I? Deja vu...

For the past couple of days I've been thinking about Buddhism a lot. Reading this blog is pretty interesting. I don't know if the Buddhists really have life completely figured out, but at least they seem to have a good way of going about it. I guess this is part of my difficulties with religion lately. I mean, I was born Catholic. Christianity is generally accepted, at least in this country. But it's damn hard to justify logically, and sometimes morally as well. I guess pretty much every religion is hard to justify. But then again... I just can't NOT believe in God. So where do I go from here?

Ah, screw it. For tonight I want to stop thinking about my own personal confusion. Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. This is not confusing. It used to be that every St. Patrick's Day my family and I would watch Darby O'Gill and the Little People on the Disney channel. I haven't seen that movie in forever. It was one of my favorites... I don't even think they sell it anymore. Sigh. All good things pass. What are we left with in the end?

Um... that was morbid. Okay, time to work on the homework. Toodles.

No comments: