Saturday, April 17, 2004

Two steps forward, one step back...

So now I've got a functioning computer and a USB ethernet adapter thing. Here's the new problem: Can't install the adapter without the Windows 98 installation disk, which I do not have up here with me. It's back at home, 3 hours away. Mom's sending it to me, but it won't get here till Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'm still without my dorm-side internet access this weekend. Drat. In other words... unless something spectacular happens, this is gonna be a BORING weekend.

In other news... been catching up on my blog readint/writing/commenting. Simon poses an interesting question about how much personality is based on circumstances versus genetics/natural habits. That's one of the things I spent way too much of my life thinking about... how much of my personality was and is dictated by my experiences growing up. Somedays I just think I'm a total mess, and other times I think I turned out pretty well.

Okay, library closes in half an hour. More to read, more to catch up on... I've gotta check out Kvale's blog since he was working on it when I walked in (both he and Jesse were here when I got here... very strange to see either of them on a non-school day). Should look at Kamran's again, too. Kvale and Kamran... those two confuse me more than necessary. It's probably mostly bluster and bluffing and not much substance, but you never know...

No comments: