Saturday, May 29, 2004

Enough shopping now.

I heard a song today: "Time Bomb", by Rancid. I heard it for the first time and now it's on repeat in my head. Just the refrain, actually, but that's bad enough. "Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac... the boy is a time bomb..." I hope it stops before I go insane.

Went shopping today, bought a couple of books (my own copy of Karamazov so I can mark it up like I've been craving, and Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake, which for some dumb reason the public library doesn't carry) and a pair of cute dangly little silver corkscrew-shaped earrings. And I am happy. I still need some new clothes and a pair of shoes, but I'm happy anyway.

I was really exhausted when I came back home, so I got a nice little nap in before dinner. Couches are good.

I think my sister just tried to strangle me. It didn't work. I'm still breathing. So is she. It's all good. :) I tried to convince her to read The Handmaid's Tale today, but she says she doesn't want to read anything that requires advanced mental faculties until the end of summer. Poor Katie...

I've found a very addictive "game" online: The Reflex Tester. I play it almost obsessively. My usual reflex time is .297 seconds. Lots of clicking... LOTS.

Okay, that's all for now. I'll go see what my sister's up to. Adieu.

No comments: