Saturday, May 29, 2004

A voice from the past

[Listening to: TV in the background, opera in my head (and I want it out!)]

Tonight I'm talking (via AOL instant messenger) to a friend of mine from back when I went to school in New Mexico. It's been a while since I've heard from him. It's weird how fast time goes sometimes. I feel like I was just down there recently, but it's been a whole year. He's a writer, too, as well as a physics major; a sci-fi writer, even. This seems to be a pattern in my life, that I make friends with the writer types. Tonight he showed me the first few pages of a story he's working on.

Funny how I still miss him, but it's not so painful anymore. When I left I thought I was going to feel terrible forever. But now I know I don't, and I won't, and that's a wonderful feeling.

Time for sleep. Nearly 4 AM, and I've gotta be up by 9:30. Silly me. 'Night.

No comments: