Monday, May 31, 2004

Planting day

Yup, that's right, I spent the better part of the afternoon with my parents and my sister, buying and planting flowers around the yard. We do a lot of planting every year, because we've got a big planter by the sidewalk, another near our front porch, several small pots situated around the front of the house, and a garden with a raised area for herbs in the back yard. We bought calla lilies for one of the planters and one spot in our yard, an asiatic lily for one corner of the raised area, various other flowers for the other planter and the pots, and parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme (yes, like the song) as well as sweet basil, oregano, and spearmint for the herb garden. Dad also got tomatoes and green peppers for the vegetable garden, and I think my mom wants him to plant some beans out there, too. Anyway, I got to play in the dirt today. We got most of the planting done, but it's getting cold and wet and nasty out now so we decided to leave the rest to finish up tomorrow.

No comments: