Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Ah, memories...

I don't have much to say tonight. All I really did today was go grocery shopping with my mom and work on learning to knit. I've got the basics down pretty well: knit, purl, bind off, cast on. Anything harder than that is yet to come, tho. Still, with my very limited skills, I could probably make a scarf or something. Maybe a blanket if I wanted to spend that much time on one thing. Rectangles are easy.

Katie left with her friend to go get ice cream at Perkins. I wasn't invited. Somehow, I'm not real offended. Some of Katie's friends are cool, some of them drive me nuts, and some of them just downright piss me off. The one she's with right now is sqarely in the "drives me nuts" category. It is dangerous for one of my tastes and temperment to spend too much time around the giggly sort of teenage girls my sister hangs out with. I can be extremely patient and forgiving--stoic, even--but I do have a boiling point.

My mom and I were talking about memories today. She's always surprised by, not only how early some of my memories are, but by how detailed they are. For instance, I was telling her that I remembered getting shots in a clinic that closed when I was about two years old. I can describe the room I was in, the beige paint on the walls and how the furniture was positioned, and that it was located at the end of a long hallway. I almost have a photograph of it in my mind. I don't remember, for example, what was on the posters on the walls, but I remember where they were. I remember a lot of things that I should have been too early to remember. Strangely enough, I don't remember the house I lived in until I was two and a half. I vaguely remember moving into the house I live in now, though. My sister claims that she doesn't remember most of her childhood. Me, I remember almost everything.

No comments: