Monday, June 14, 2004

Got my financial aid stuff today...

... and to my delight, I found out that not only will almost all of my expenses be paid for, but half of it will be through grants and work-study, which I won't have to pay back! Joy of joys! Okay, the work-study stuff isn't quite as cool as free money (grants), but it'll be nice to have a job, something to do outside of just classes.

Also went shopping today and bought a book about knitting. Don't laugh; I'm serious. I wanna learn how to knit. I know how to crochet already (and even managed to make a nice scarf for myself last winter), but knitting is smoother and neater, and in my opinion more versatile. I don't sew (much) or cook or embroider, so I've gotta find a "girly" hobby, you know.

Oh, yeah. And I like sweaters.

Just explained blogging to my dad and got one of those "I'm confused, but it sounds like you're having fun so I'll leave it be" looks. He's pretty cool, but not the techie type. I don't really know how I managed to end up being so good (well... more than mediocre, at least) with computers growing up in this family, cuz my parents don't really like them very much. Katie and I play "tech support" a lot.

Alrightie then, I'm gonna go get some dinner. Adios and all that.

No comments: