Saturday, June 19, 2004

A few midnight rants

I never realized how terribly predictable teenage girls' telephone conversations can be... I'm listening to my sister talking on the phone to one of her friends and half the time I can tell exactly what's being said on the other end without even having to hear it. It saddens me to the core.

The scarf is about 1/4 to 1/3 done, depending on how much yarn I really have left. I have a feeling that I'll either end up with carpal tunnel syndrome or just really strong forearms and hands by the time I'm done. It's going pretty good now. I'm making fewer mistakes. I haven't had to go back and fix something all day. I think now my dad wants me to make him a sweater. Heh, maybe if I start now I'll finish one by Christmas.

All my thoughts are self-centered right now. Mostly I'm wondering just how much being in this town for the summer is going to mess me up, and how long it'll take me to get back to functioning normally once I go back to Bemidji. I think this town hates me. I'm ranting loudly in my head but I can't form coherent sentences to express my frustration, so forget it.

I was reading the local paper tonight and found my spelling error pet peeve: substituting the word "loose" for "lose". As in, "win or loose". Sometimes I just wanna march into their office and stage a hostile takeover. Or at least demand a job. It seems like every time I read that newspaper I find a spelling or grammatical error. Proofread, people... proofread.

Well, at least my inner Writing Major isn't sleeping. But I think I'm done with the ranting for now. So I'll go back to my needles and yarn. And maybe a Capri Sun. Mmm... lemonade....

No comments: