Monday, July 12, 2004

Midnight blackness stains my eyes

[Listening to: The Animals, "The House of the Rising Sun"]

I am in need of some dark music... or maybe dark's not exactly the word for it... nothing violent or too hard... I'd like to go dig out some of my CDs, but that takes effort and I'm not up to it. This just seems like the sort of night that needs music like that. Elliott Smith or something. Maybe that one gothie-type CD Erin burned for me? Damn, tomorrow I'm going to have to go digging through my boxes to find my music. I've got lots, but it's all buried in that big pile of boxes that are just sitting there, waiting for me to sort through them to decide what I'm taking back to Bemidji with me and what I'm selling/giving away/throwing away/leaving here. Every time I think about it, I get a headache.

I watched most of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour tonight, after parents and sister had gone to bed. Of the three of them, I don't think any would appreciate it. So I sit there giggling at the rednecks by myself. Not quite as fun as it is with a group.

Katie and Dad are both starting their jobs tomorrow. I'm excited, not only because Dad'll be making money, but because it'll be nice and quiet in the house tomorrow. That's a rare thing, and I intend to revel in it.

Also, I want to get some sock yarn. I want to learn to knit socks. Weird? Maybe. But I know it's something I'd use.

Time to go to bed. I've been vowing to get to bed a little earlier so I can spend more of the day among the living. Night, y'all.

No comments: