Sunday, July 11, 2004

The Tempest

Okay... I guess it's not all that dramatic, really... we had a nice little storm last night, and the power went out for about four hours. It was around 2:30 AM or so when it went out (yes, I was awake, it's hard to sleep when the thunder gets that close) and according to my digital clock, it came back on by around 6:30 this morning (for which I was not awake). I know the lightning strike that knocked the power out was pretty damn close, probably over near the telephone company, which is about three or four blocks away. In my memory we haven't had any part of our property struck by lightning, but some of our oak trees have lightning scars running down the trunks.

So anyway... the storm kept me up all night, so I didn't wake up today until afternoon. I feel lazy. I better get something productive done today. Adieu.

No comments: