Sunday, December 19, 2004

There are worse ways to wake up...

I was awakened this morning just before 10 by pounding on my door. I opened it to find Davis and Ben dressed all warm in winter gear, grinning. Davis wanted my cookbook so he could make turkey and such for our dinner this afternoon. I gave it to him, then sent Ben upstairs to fetch me an egg with which I shall make pecan bars. This is the sort of wakeup call I don't mind. :)

So now I'm all dressed and ready to go. It's still a bit early, but I think I'm going to head out anyway... as soon as I find a way to safely carry the egg. I'll probably swaddle it in plastic bags and put it in a tupperware box. Can't have it breaking and ruining our chances of lovely dessert.

Time to go to the Christmas party. Happy Holidays, y'all!

No comments: