Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Where is everyone? Oh, yeah, break...

Alone, alone, all, all alone,
Alone on a wide, wide sea!
And never a saint took pity on
My soul in agony.


Yes, it's that quiet here. Most of the people I know have either gone home or are just plain gone. Wish I would have been smart and gotten all my work done early so I could be home right now with my parents and my sister and the cats... Ah, well. First, we've got Christmas, and then only a couple weeks until we're back at the school thing again.

Things change and things stay the same. Looks like Grubbs won't be joining us next semester, which makes me very sad. People will be over at the house more, which will be a lot of fun. Erin and Alicia and Sara and I will still all be making plans together. The dorms will be a bit emptier. I'll be taking all English classes (much less stressful, let me tell you). Gaming will start up again, and this time I'll be playing (woohoo!). I'll still have Simon and Davis upstairs so I won't be here all by my lonesome. I'm going to start looking for an off-campus place pretty soon and see what I can do about getting enough roommates to get a nice place. And maybe, just maybe, by the time we come back, this damn arctic air will give it a rest (only December and we're already spending days at a time with the high temperature below zero).

Anyway, I'm trying to kill some time here, but I'm bored and kinda lonely anyway. Can't wait to go home. I need the break really, really badly. I'll take the time to do some knitting and reading and writing, all the stuff I've been too frazzled to do for the past week or two. So. I guess that's about it for now. More blog later, maybe tonight but more likely tomorrow after I get home.

No comments: