Sunday, February 27, 2005

Back in the middle of winter

Well, after spending the first part of my weekend at home feeling utterly useless and ineffectual, I came back today and had the most fun role-playing session ever. I feel like I'm getting better at that, at least. I got to fight dirty, play matchmaker, get beat up, win an important boxing match against my biggest rival, and have a crowd of boys who lust after my character. Lots of things that would never happen in real life.

The snow is beautiful tonight. It fell in sheet crystals and now the ground is covered in iridescent glitter. The moon is close to full, and the clouds are silhouetted in deep purple against the black sky. A few flakes still fall from the sky and sparkle like winter fairy dust. The air is so frigid that even the stars seem frozen in the sky, their light cold and clear as silver bells.

Sometimes, it just takes a little effort to see the beauty in everything.

No comments: