Sunday, June 05, 2005

Half-fried fan

Anybody out there know how to replace the fan in a laptop? Mine's got a two-fan unit, but only one of the fans works... it cools enough to keep the computer from completely overheating, but having both fans working would be REALLY nice (downloaded software to monitor the CPU temperature and man, that's hot). I know the part itself is only about $15, but I don't have any clue as to how to replace it myself, nor do I really have the money to take it in somewhere and have professionals do it.

Here's another question for any Bemidji resident: do you have any clue as to why the tornado sirens were going off at 1:30 or so in the morning today, when there wasn't even any rain falling? No storms, no heavy winds... was it a civil emergency? Air raid? What?

And now I'm sleepy. Time for bed? Alrighty then.

2 comments:

nrlaumei said...

Jonathan and I couldn't figure out that noise either; but we didn't think it was the tornado sirens, because those are a LOT louder and monotone. There were tornados all across the midwest last night, though....

Tiffany said...

Hey Angel. Somehow I found my way to your site...How's your summer going? You staying in Bemidji all summer?
The fan on my laptop just went out too. My dad replaced it but when doing so, something else got messed up so that the screen went black! We brought it in to get it looked at and found the problem we think, one little part wasn't completely sitting in the correct position, had to be perfect and it was a little off. Anyways, if you want me to ask dad how to replace the fan, I can. But you also have to make sure it all gets put back together right! Lol, gluck!
Tiffany