Friday, July 08, 2005

Siesta

I occasionally wonder if staring at sleeping people until they wake up is going to get me into trouble someday.

It's hot outside. Also hot inside. The fan's going, which provides some small relief. But it's not NEARLY enough. Also, I'm bored, and videogames aren't helping. I'd take a nice, long walk, but like I said, VERY hot outside. I suppose I could read, or go to the mall, or the library, or even Target to get things we need. But instead, I'm probably just going to sit here and be lazy until it gets dark out, at which point I'll go outside and wander around until I'm so covered in bug bites that I can't move. Aren't Minnesota summers wonderful?

I think I should start writing Young Adult novels/stories. They're probably a hell of a lot more fun than some of the uber-complicated, mostly boring adult stuff I've read. It feels like every time I sit down at my computer to write, all my interesting thoughts leave me. Sigh, shrug, dammit.

I'm going home tomorrow to a party for various relatives who helped my parents move into the new house. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing there... Hopefully nothing strenuous, and I can get back before dark.

There may be a ghost in my room who comes to visit from time to time. I occasionally see this shadowy form standing somewhere in my room, and woke up to him once standing next to my bed, looking out my window. Then I blinked and he was gone. Maybe it's just my imagination. But if it is a ghost, he doesn't seem to be menacing or anything. So I guess it's okay.

Since I haven't had much to do lately, I've been knitting. I'm working on a scarf. Yes, I know it's summer, but given my record at finishing projects, it will probably be winter before it's done.

That's about it. The sleeper is now awake. Time for me to go.

No comments: