Wednesday, December 07, 2005

RENT

I have owned the RENT score from the original Broadway performance on CD since I was about 12 years old. It was my obsession for more than six years. I never got the chance to see it live, but I always dreamed about it because there was something so vital in the music and lyrics and the voices of the actors. When I discovered that they were making a movie out of it, I was really excited.

RENT (the movie) last night was awesome. Amazing. Beautiful and sad. And now I desperately want to see it live on stage again. My friends and I went really late last night and got the whole theater to ourselves. It was... wow. I've had the music in my head since we left the theater. I DREAMED about it last night.

So... who's gonna take me to Broadway?

3 comments:

Poet said...

I think it's time to take wikipedia away from Simon...

Angel said...

I wholeheartedly agree. He's become a bit of a menace. :)

Angel said...

I'll knit some for you.