Saturday, December 17, 2005

Your Song

I just went to Target to do a little bit of Christmas shopping. They have candles that I am absolutely in love with: black ginger scented candles. I can't afford one for myself right at this moment, but man... I'm gonna get me one of those when I get my next paycheck.

I was thinking as I drove home about how I have specific songs that remind me of specific people in my life. Maybe "remind" isn't a strong enough sentiment. These are songs that immediately form an image in my head of the first time I heard them, and the people I heard them with, and the person in specific that was there and that I associate them with. So I started making a list, which I will reproduce here, including the person for each song.

Seth: "Cells" by The Servant
Nick: "Epiphany" by Staind
Ben: "House of the Rising Sun" (can't remember who wrote it, but I know Bob Dylan did a version that I like)
Grubbs: "If I Had $1,000,000" by The Barenaked Ladies
Erin: "In The Air Tonight" cover by Nonpoint
Phil: "Amerika" by Rammstein
Simon: (hard to pick just one here) "The Lady of Shallot" by Loreena McKennitt
Davis: "Vater Unser" by E Nomine
Richard: "Round Here" by Counting Crows
Kvale: "Farewell Angelina" by Bob Dylan

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.

2 comments:

Angel said...

The Animals! Yes! I knew it was something like that...

And yes, it does.

Angel said...

Hold it a sec.... I'm "Hey Jude"?

Nifty. :)