Sunday, January 29, 2006

Cooking is good


I think weekends are going to be my time for cooking. I made chicken enchiladas last night for dinner, and then (with some help from Grubbs), I made ginger cookies. So yummy! And they're soft and nummy, not all crunchy and crummy like gingersnaps. As you can see in the picture (against the not-so-lovely backdrop of our ugly yellow countertop), we got a LOT of cookies out of that batch... I think the final count was four dozen. They're small, though--about the size of an Oreo, except they're about 3/4 of an inch thick in the middle.

Mmm... cookies....

Also, the enchiladas were good. I had leftovers. Leftovers make me happy. Thus, I am a happy girl.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Those cookies look SO yummy!!!! My grandmother used to make soft ginger cookies, too...

Katie said...

That photo looks like it came out of the 1972 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. Lolz.

Katie said...

Oh, and try flattening them with a glass next time. It works wonders.