Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Now all I need is a lacy apron and high heels...

I'm spending the day pretending to be a housewife. Which is to say, I've been cooking and cleaning all day--aren't you proud of me? I'm making challah bread from this recipe. It's rising in a bowl on the back of my sofa (which sits over the heating vent, nice warm environment) as we speak. And then this evening, I'm making chili for some friends. Mmm... chili and fresh bread, with pie for dessert. Not much in life is better than that.

And since people are coming over, I've also had to clean up the kitchen and living room. I'm not done, since the drop-leaf table in the living room has been commandeered as a working space for making bread (we have zero counter space in this apartment), so that area is still a little... uh... flour-y. Never fear, a vacuuming after the bread is in the oven will take care of that. :)

So... gotta go punch down the dough again. mmm.... bread....

1 comment:

Poet said...

mmm...challah. I almost made some today as well but decided against it since I was running everywhere.

Challah dough makes VERY good cinnamon rolls, btw.

Baruch atah Adonai, Elohaynu, melech ha-olam ha-motzi lechem min ha-aretz.