Tuesday, February 14, 2006

An official notice to everyone:

I detest Valentine's Day.

It's a personal thing. Not even just the fact that there's no candlelit romantic dinner in store for me this evening or any Valentine's Day in the past. The date just has a bad history for me, and it comes at what is traditionally my lowest point during the year. Cold and dark and full of work that has yet to be done.

Blah. Oh, well. I've got a busy night tonight, anyway. Class and work until 9, and then some time with friends to unwind.

Then tomorrow, I'm gonna go buy a big heart-shaped box of chocolates on sale and share them with the other single people I love. Hell, who needs romance when you've got good friends?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

You know what? Even if you have someone in your life, it doesn't mean you have to do anything for Valentine's Day. Life gets too busy. I think Nate and I are going to go out on a real date for it, though it really isn't specifically for Valentine's Day because we're going out this coming weekend. We just need to go out sometime!

Friends are really the best people to be with on V-Day, anyway. You know they'll be there, and they will always eat lots of chocolate with you.

February is a tough time, especially for anyone living in the north. It's usually mid-winter, which means dreary, nasty days of cold and grey skies that never seem to end. Just hold on, darlin'! Spring will be here before you know it!

P.S. My dad took my mom out on Saturday night for V-Day (dinner at Blackwoods=nummy, amazing food). They'll be married 25 years in May (on your b-day!). I just thought that was cute. Thought I would share.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupercalia this turns Valentines day into something other than candy and cards!