Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This needle is very pokey....

So I'm home today, feeling lousy. My head's a little addled from the cold medicine and just generally feeling icky, so I'm working on a project that doesn't take much brain power. My friend Nick gave me a bag of leather scraps and the task of creating patchwork "zombie" dice bags for our friends. He would be doing it himself, but he's busy and I wanted to give it a shot. So I've been stitching together pieces of leather together yesterday and today. It's fun, and I like doing it, but it makes my thumb hurt because I need to use quite a bit of force to get the leather needle through the material. So I created my very own makeshift leather thimble. And here's a picture:


The bandaid on my middle finger is also the result of the needle (from grasping it between my thumb and the knuckle of my middle finger). My other hand is surprisingly pain-free, since I've been able to avoid poking myself more than a few times. Yay for me!

Oh... were you expecting pictures of the bags? Uh... that'll come later. The first one is done, but I'm gonna wait until I finish the second one (which is in a different style) and show them both to Nick and see which one he likes better.

1 comment:

Angel said...

The picture one I took from Grant Park in Chicago when I visited in the summer of 2004. Near the middle, you can see the sign for the Essex Inn--there's a restaurant on the first level where we ate several times while we were there.