Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Can't even scream

I am literally sick with stress right now. As in, trying not to vomit in terror and nervousness. Right now, I want nothing more than to curl up into a little hole and hide from all responsibility. I don't want to be in charge any more; I don't want to be responsible anymore. But I can't run away now. I can't do anything but face the coming days. Two more goddamn weeks of Rivers stuff, and I'm done. I can turn everything over to someone else and never have to think about it again. I will be so fucking relieved I don't think I can stand it. I will celebrate. I will do SOMETHING.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I hope you get some kind of credit for all the work you have put in!!!

Froyd said...

destroy all those who oppose you!

Alicia said...

Sharon-

You get two academic credits (if you want them) for being a part of Rivers. I ended up getting an internship and into four graduate schools as a result. And now I have gotten a GA as a direct result of working on Rivers. I'm not trying to be boastful; I'm just saying that there are definite long-term benefits as a result of all this nastiness right now. There are definite perks, but it's hard work.

Angel-

Darlin', you can do this! I would never have left you in charge if I didn't think you could handle it. You are so good at what you do. Just a couple more weeks, and then, poof! you're done!! Hang in there, babe. We all know you're doing a great job and will see this through to the end. I have all the confidence in the world that you can do this. :) *Hugs* Call me if you need me for ANYTHING. Seriously. That's what I'm here for. :)

Sharon said...

I'm SO glad to hear that you get SOME perks for your work.
Wow, four grad schools? They are going to fight to get you, right?
I'm still peeved that none of my pieces made the cut to be included....:(