Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's a bag!



So with a little help from this tutorial on Craftster, I present to you my new Beatles purse. I made it from a Beatles t-shirt which I loved, but which was in no shape to be worn in public ever again, and a fabric remnant I got at Goodwill for 50 cents. The interfacing I used cost more than the rest of the project, actually... and that was cheap. And now I have a nice, new, one-of-a-kind, usable purse. Yay!

Next project: I picked up a big men's short-sleeved, button-down shirt at Goodwill for about $3. I have plans on using some nice satin ribbon and judicious trimming to transform it into something more girly. And if it doesn't work out.... well, at least it was cheap. :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Absolutely clever! Man, you have given me ideas....I'm also going to check out that site!

Angel said...

Hehe, thanks, Sharon. :) Craftster is the best site ever, and they have tons of ideas for reconstructing things, as well as making completely new stuff.