Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Holy Fucking Shit!

Ummm... wow. Apparently, some of the dudes at NASA thought for a while that we had a pretty good chance of being hit by an asteroid last month... for a while. A 1-in-4 chance, actually. Scary as hell. But then they realized that their calculations were off enough that it wasn't a danger anymore. Still, very scary. They were apparently on the verge of making a call to the President. I'm trying to imagine how that would have gone.

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling! We must go and tell the King!"
**beep beep beep...**
**hushed whisper** "I thought I told you never to call me here!"
"But Mr. President, sir, there's an asteroid that's got a 1-in-4 chance of hitting the earth!"
"What are you telling me for? Just shoot it down."
"Shoot it down, sir?"
"Yeah, with those little lazer-shooting spaceships. Like in the game, you know."
"Sir... those aren't real."
"WHAT?"
"We can't shoot it down, sir."
"HOLY FUCKING SHIT! CALL THE PRESS! CALL JERRY FALWELL! CALL THE POPE! CALL CHENEY!" **collapses into a jittery ball of humanity under his desk**

Well, it's funny in my head, anyway.

No comments: