Sunday, February 15, 2004

I'm back where I belong.

Now this is great news. Gay couples are being allowed to marry in San Fransisco. Here's an interesting question: why didn't I see anything about this on the news when I was watching at home over the weekend? Is it a conspiracy? Or did I just not notice, being too busy trying to keep the cats from killing each other? Personally, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Sometimes. Heh.

Please note, however, that California is still the den of all that is evil in this world. San Fransisco is simply a shining diamond among the concrete.

So I'm back at the dorms, and I'm feeling good. Except for the nightmares that I was having while I took a nap. Can't remember em, and I probably don't want to. I saw The Butterfly Effect over the weekend, so that probably had something to do with it. By the way... The acting in that movie sucked. But I went with my friend Amber, so I still had fun.

I keep a very close watch on SweetAndSourGoth's blog, and her talk of subcultures leads me to an interesting question: Do I have a subculture that I'm not aware of? I always sort of thought I was a culture unto myself. I mean, I generally like and even admire gothies, but I'm most definitely not one. Nor am I a spookykid (Don't you have to like Marilyn Manson for that?) or an emo kid (see here), or a punk or a hipster. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm definitely not a jock or a prep either. I guess I'm a bit of a geek, but that seems like such a wide genre. I'm no computer programmer type, tho I know how to use a computer and do simple HTML. I don't do sci-fi conventions. I'm not a big anime fan. So this leaves me... where? I'm confused.

Mm... brownies. I want a brownie now. They're making them on the Food Network, and I'm jealous.

Okay, that's enough for now. I've got writing projects to work on, among other things. Toodles!

No comments: