Thursday, March 10, 2005

Break might break me

Not looking forward to my spring break so much. Looks like I'll be alone for about a week. If anyone wants to come hang out at the new house for a day or two (or a week, whatever...), hide from life for a while, etc., lemme know. I'll cook! Or something.

No internet. Two TV channels. A bunch of cats and a dog to look after. Yay.

At least I'll have my piano. I'll have to bring my laptop up, too, and see if I can write. And I'll have my car, so I'll be able to come back to Bemidji to visit during the daytime if I want to. And I'm sure I'll want to, if only to check my e-mail and maybe catch up with people so I don't feel so completely isolated.

If I knew anyone up there (other than relatives), it'd be different.

So. Packing up my DVD player, Gamecube, computer, maybe a radio, books, laundry to wash, knitting...

Two years ago I would have killed for this sort of solitude. Now, I don't know if I can stand it.

No comments: