Monday, April 04, 2005

Just a nap... that's all I want...

Too too tired. I have to go to work in an hour. First, I'm going to eat macaroni and cheese. Tomorrow I'm going to go grocery shopping. I didn't have time over the weekend.

Why is it that, when I finally start to succeed at something, I always get the urge to run away, abandon it, fail on purpose?

This summer I am going to take classes for three weeks. And then I think I'll work. A lot. Work is good. The sort of work I'm likely to get is something that will let me think while I perform mindless tasks. I think that's why I have a certain appreciation for making things, crafting both in the artsy sense and in the practical sense: you can think about the project for a little while, but during the actual manufacture, you have a mental free time. Like knitting. I can figure out how many rows I need to make a scarf, but once I actually start knitting it, my hands can keep going for ages while my mind runs away with me over all sorts of things.

I like Final Fantasy and similar video games for the opposite reason: they pull me in so much that I forget to think about anything I need to worry about and just focus on enjoying the story, figuring out the puzzles, and smishing bad things.

So at work tonight I am going to play more Final Fantasy. And then maybe read. Or write. Or something.

Gotta go.

No comments: